Abu Garcia Revo S 6.4:1 Baitcast Fishing Reel
The new Revo® S enhances cutting edge technology and functionality with a more compact and ergonomic design that is 15% lighter than the previous model. With a new white look, the Revo S frame is constructed of X2- Cräftic? alloy for added corrosion protection.
Other features include seven stainless steel ball bearings plus one roller bearing, an improved D2 Gear Design? for more efficient cranking power and the reliable Carbon Matrix? drag system for smooth, consistent drag pressure across the entire drag range.
The Pitch Centrifugal brake utilizes, 6 brake blocks (3 spring loaded and 3 non spring loaded). The spring loaded brake blocks act only when the spool is under high revolution (1st part of the cast) and will then disengage to give maximum distance. The non spring loaded brake blocks act on the entire cast to give maximum control throughout the cast.
- 7 stainless steel ball bearings + 1 roller bearing provides smooth operation
- X2-Cräftic? alloy frame for increased corrosion resistance
- Lightweight graphite sideplates
- Carbon Matrix? drag system provides smooth, consistent drag pressure across the entire drag range
- D2 Gear Design? provides a more efficient gear system while improving gear durability
- Pitch centrifugal brake system
- Compact bent handle and star provide a more ergonomic design
Very Solid Dependable for a great value
I've been using these reels for awhile now. Just bought 2 more on sale. Heavy use in tournaments and I'm very hard on my tackle and pretty poor at maintenance. These have held up well to my use and abuse. One of my oldest does make some bearing noise, but it's been road hard and long.
Crankbait/cast and steady retrieve - cast well. Not super far but well. Smooth retrieve. Doesn't have the magnetic adjustment - I never really mess with these anyway.
Flipping/Pitching - Good job, but I use another set-up if I throwing something really light
Froggin - does better with braid than I expected.
I've essentially nailed down my tournament day bait casters to these reels and a couple old Shimano Curados.