M-Series: Premium Multi-Sensor Maritime Night Vision System
The M-Series pan/tilt re-defines maritime multi-sensor system design, drawing on FLIR's 25 years of experience in building combat-proven airborne and maritime thermal imagers for militaries, Coast Guards, and governmental agencies around the world. If you want to use a tougher, better-performing FLIR, you'll have to join the Special Forces
- 640x480 thermal imaging, M-Series cameras provide four-times the thermal resolution and more than twice the range performance compared to other systems. M-Series cameras let you see more - and see farther - than ever before. Even in the dead of night.
- Automatic window heaters keep both sets of optics free of ice to deliver crystal clear video.
- 2X and 4X e-zoom functions give the thermal camera best-in-class range performance.
- Mount pan/tilt ball-up or ball-down for added flexibility.
- Simple Ethernet connections and IP addressability make the system simple to install and easy to control.
- Proprietary, patent-pending, image enhancement algorithms called Digital Detail Enhancement (DDE) let all of FLIR's front-line products see more in the most challenging conditions.
- Standard video signal displays on any monitor with an auxiliary video input.
- Watch thermal and lowlight video simultaneously on multiple displays or single multi-function display.
The M-Series controller is simple to use, provides precise system control, and lets users access all of the important camera functions with push-button controls.
Controller functions include:
- Heated LCD screen - Instantly displays system status.
- User-programmable "hot key" for commonly used functions.
- Scene selection allows the operator to optimize the system's performance for specific situations - Night Running, Day Running, Night Docking, and Man Overboard.
- User-selectable color palettes change the video display mode for easier viewing based on operator preference.
- User-programmable Home button allows the operator to point the pan/tilt camera to pre-defined positions with the push of a button.
- Precision proportional pointing control is provided through a custom, sealed, 8-way iDrive style control knob.
- Backlit for easy nighttime readability; the sealed buttons are easy to see and provide positive tactile feedback.
- The controller is fully sealed for survival in a maritime environment, and meets IPx6 standards.
- Install as many control stations around your vessel as you want, thanks to the system's easy Ethernet connectivity.
Thermal Imaging Specifications
|Sensor Type||320 x 240 VOx Microbolometer||640 x 480 VOx Microbolometer||320 x 240 VOx Microbolometer||640 x 480 VOx Microbolometer||640 x 480 VOx Microbolometer||640 x 480 VOx Microbolometer|
|FOV||24 x 18 (NTSC)||25 x 20 (NTSC)||24 x 18 (NTSC)||25 x 20 (NTSC)||12 x 10 (NTSC)||18 x 14 (NTSC)|
|Focal Length||19 mm||25 mm||19 mm||25 mm||50 mm||35 mm|
|E-Zoom||2x||2x & 4x||2x||2x & 4x||2x & 4x||2x & 4x|
|Image Processing||FLIR DDE|
Daylight Imaging Specifications
|Detector Type||N/A||1/2" Interline Transfer Lowlight CCD||Color CCD|
|Lines of Resolution||N/A||768 x 494||530|
|Minimum Illumination||N/A||100 μlux (@ f/1.4)||1.4 lux|
|FOV||N/A||Matched to IR||~58 (h) 43 (v) w/ 10 optical zoom matched to IR|
|Size||7" dia. x 11.2" ht.||7" dia. x 11.4" ht.|
|Weight||~9 lbs||~11.5 lbs|
|Pan/Tilt Coverage||360 Continuous Pan, +/-90 Tilt |
|Video Output||NTSC or PAL|
|Connector Types||BNC with BNC-to-RCA adapter included for video out|
|Power Requirements||12 VDC to 24 VDC (-10%/+30%)|
|Power Consumption||25 W nominal; 50 W max|
|Operating Temperature Range||-25 C to +55 C|
|Storage Temperature Range||-40 C to +85 C|
|Automatic Window Defrost||Standard|
|Shock||15 g vertical, 9 g horizontal|
|Vibration||IEC 60945; MIL-STD-810E|
|Wind||100 knot (115.2 mph)|
|Standard Package||Camera Head with 18-inch Pigtails for Power, Analog Video, and Ethernet; |
Joystick Control Unit; Operator Manual
|Warranty||3 Year (With product registration)|
|Optional Accessories||Dual Station JCU; Low Smoke, Zero Halogen Ethernet Cables; |
Standard Cat 5e Ethernet Cables; Top-Down Mounting Riser
|Detect Man (1.8m x 0.5m)||~1,500 ft (450m)||~2,700 ft (820m)||~1,500 ft (450m)||~2,700 ft (820m)||~4,000 ft (1.2km)||~4,000 ft (1.2km)|
|Detect Small Vessel (4.0m x 1.5m)||~4,200 ft (1.3km)||~1.4 mi (2.25km)||~4,200 ft (1.3km)||~1.4 mi (2.25km)||~2.0 mi (3.2km)||~2.4 mi (3.9 km)|