The PENN International VS series is designed for high line capacity typically desired by anglers fishing monofilament. Precision machined from high-strength, lightweight, aircraft grade aluminum in Penn's own Philadelphia machining center. Penn's experienced crew has been designing and producing durable, high-quality reels in this facility since 1932. The fully machined 2-speed stainless steel gear train is the biggest in the business. The Dura-Drag system results in a smoother start up and virtually eliminates hesitation, even under extreme drag settings alignment under heavy loads. If you're going out for big fish, the Penn International Series is the proven name for over a half a century.
- Machined and anodized aluminum body and sideplates
- Stainless steel main and pinion gears
- Quick-Shift II™ 2-speed system
- Dura-Drag™ system provides smoother start up and virtually eliminates hesitation, even under extreme drag settings
- Versa-Strike adjustable strike stop
- Double-dog ratchet anti-reverse
- Five bearings
- Line capacity rings
- Right-hand use
- Distinctive pure gold color
- Max drag: 65 lbs.
- Line retrieve: 40" (high), 19" (low)
- Made in USA of domestic and imported components