Sportsman's Outfitters respects the privacy of every person who visits the website. Sportsman's Outfitters has never traded, sold, or shared any customer personal information. This Privacy Statement outlines the information Sportsman's Outfitters will collect and how we will use that information. This Statement will also tell you how you can verify the accuracy of your personal information submitted to Sportsman's Outfitters through the website and how you can request that we delete or update personal information.
INFORMATION COLLECTED AND HOW WE USE IT
What We Collect
Sportsman's Outfitters' primary goal in collecting personal information from you is to give you a meaningful, enjoyable and customized experience while using the website, and to develop new products and services which are relevant to consumers like you. Personal information also allows us to provide services and features that most likely meet your needs, and to customize service to make your online experience smooth and efficient.
Personal information received from you online will only be used for the internal technical, administrative, or marketing purposes of Sportsman's Outfitters, except as otherwise required by law or as Sportsman's Outfitters discloses to you when the information is collected.
a. Personal Information
- When you visit the Sportsman's Outfitters website, we will not collect any personal information about you (including but not limited to your name, address, telephone number, email address, and credit card number if you place an order with us) unless you provide it to us voluntarily.
- If you choose not to provide your personal information you can still access the website; however you may be unable to participate in certain activities or place orders for products.
b. Aggregate and Statistical Data
In some cases we may also collect information about you that you voluntarily submit but which is not personal, such as general statistical information like age, gender, zip/postal code, preferences and interests.
Information We Collect
Sportsman's Outfitters does not require visitors to our website to provide personal information in order to obtain access. Sportsman's Outfitters collects personal information (including but not limited to your name, address, telephone number, and email address) from our visitors only on a voluntary basis.
You are in control of the personal information you provide to Sportsman's Outfitters online. You can:
- Ask for a copy of your personal information
- Ask for your personal information to be corrected or updated
- Ask us to remove your personal information from our records
To do this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sportsman's Outfitters will use reasonable efforts to provide that information to you.
At the Sportsman's Outfitters website, you can sometimes enter contests, vote in polls or otherwise express an opinion, subscribe to one of our services such as newsletters, or participate in one of our online forums or communities. These programs require you to submit some information in order to participate. These programs and the types of information required are described in more detail below.
Registration: To fully use our website, visitors may need to register using our online registration forms, where visitors will be required to provide us with their personal information. Visitors may also be asked to provide an email address and password. Further, to register for certain services or become a member of certain communities, we may ask visitors to submit their name, email address, home address, and zip/postal code. You can further make choices about receiving email newsletters and alerts from Sportsman's Outfitters. You can always decide not to receive or stop receiving any email from Sportsman's Outfitters that you do not want.
Contests: Sportsman's Outfitters may run contests and other promotions on our website or through interactive banner ads. These events may ask you to provide personal information which is needed in order to administer the contest or promotion and to notify winners.
Referrals: Occasionally, visitors will have the opportunity to forward information on the website to friends/relatives or to send messages from our website to friends/relatives. This personal referral information you provide to facilitate this communication is used on a one-time basis and is not further retained by Sportsman's Outfitters, except in circumstances where we obtain consent from the people you have referred to receive communications from us.
Questionnaires, Surveys and Profile Data: Sportsman's Outfitters may occasionally ask visitors to complete surveys and opinion polls about their interests, needs, and attitudes. Surveys help us provide better services and products that meet customer needs. Participation is completely voluntary and these surveys are optional.
Consumer Services and Contact Information: If you provide our customer service representatives with feedback on your experiences with our products/services or otherwise submit questions to our customer service representatives or webmasters, you will be asked to supply personal information for our record keeping and follow-up.
How We Use Your Information
a. Personal Information
- We may use your personal information to contact you. For example, we may send you marketing or promotional materials including emails or other information; we may respond to your comments or requests for information; or we may contact you if needed in the course of processing or shipping your order for products or services offered through our website.
- We also use personal information about you to improve our marketing and promotional efforts; to statistically analyze site usage; to improve our content and product offerings; and to customize our sites' content, layout and services. We may also use your information to deliver information to you that, in some cases, is targeted to your interests, such as targeted banners, new services and promotions. We believe these uses allow us to improve our site and better tailor it to meet our visitors' needs. Sportsman's Outfitters does not collect personal information automatically, but we may combine non-personal information collected automatically with your previously submitted personal information.
- Sportsman's Outfitters occasionally sends visitors who have opted-in emails describing new products, promotions or events. These services are optional and you may opt-out of these services completely, at any time. We will only store your personal information for a reasonable period of time.
b. Aggregate and Statistical Data
- Sportsman's Outfitters uses web log information (such as your web browser, operating system, pages visited, etc.) to help us design our website, to identify popular features, and for other managerial purposes. However, web logs may be used if necessary to help identify any person attempting to break into or damage our website. We may share web log information with law enforcement agencies if we believe that we have evidence of a violation of computer security or related laws.
DATA SHARING AND TRANSFER
How We May Share Information
Sportsman's Outfitters will not trade, sell, or share your personal information without your consent, unless required by law or as disclosed to you when the information is collected. To date, Sportsman's Outfitters has never traded, sold, or shared any customer personal information. However, aggregated and statistical data from our visitors may be shared with other companies. For example, we could tell one of our vendors that "20,000 people visited a web page showing your product."
Occasionally, we may share personal information from you (such as name, mailing addresses and email addresses) with agents, contractors or partners of Sportsman's Outfitters in connection with services that these individuals or entities perform for or with Sportsman's Outfitters. These agents, contractors or partners are restricted from using this data in any way other than to provide services for Sportsman's Outfitters, and they may NOT share or resell this data. We may, for example, provide your information to agents, contractors or partners for data processing services, for contacting winners of contests or so that they can mail you information that you requested.
Sportsman's Outfitters also reserves the right to share the information to respond to duly authorized information requests of governmental authorities or where required by law.
Your personal information will generally be stored in our Sportsman's Outfitters' databases, which are located in Alabama and North Carolina, but may be stored in additional locations for the purpose of maintaining system backups or in disaster recovery situations. Sportsman's Outfitters data protection standards are the same, regardless of where your personal information is stored.
COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS
When you view our website, we may collect information about you. The collection of this information is done either through "cookie" technology or with "web beacons" (also called "single-pixel gif" or "web pings").
- When you view our website, we may store some information on your computer. This information will be in the form of a small text file, also called a "cookie." Cookies help us in many ways to make your visit to our website more enjoyable and meaningful to you. For example, we may use a cookie to remember temporarily what entries you made on a form so that if an error occurs you will not have to start all over again. They also allow us to tailor the website or advertisement to better match your interests and preferences. Most browsers can be configured not to accept cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent.
b. Web Beacons
- Web beacons are site instrumentation that help us to determine, for instance, whether a page has been viewed or not and, if so, how many times. When you ask us to send you information on a promotion or a newsletter, we may use web beacons to establish how many of the emails are actually opened. In general, any electronic image viewed as part of a web page, including an ad banner, can act as a web beacon.
Our site allows you to choose to receive or stop receiving communications from us or not to provide certain personal information when registering for the site or contest.
DATA SECURITY AND RESPONSIBILITY
Sportsman's Outfitters is committed to keeping the data you provide us secure and will take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or alteration. Agents, contractors, or partners of Sportsman's Outfitters who have access to your personal information in connection with providing services for Sportsman's Outfitters are required to keep the information confidential and are NOT permitted to use this information for any other purpose than to carry out the services they are performing for Sportsman's Outfitters.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION AND COMPLAINTS
Accessing, Correcting, Updating and Deleting Your Personal Information
If you have submitted personal information to Sportsman's Outfitters through the Sportsman's Outfitters website or interactive advertisement, or if someone else has submitted your personal information through the Sportsman's Outfitters website or interactive advertisement you can:
a. Access, correct, or update your personal information by contacting us via email at email@example.com, or sending a letter to:
Sportsman's Outfitters, Inc.
Attn: Privacy Compliance Coordinator
PO Box 100
Dothan, AL 36302-0100
Sportsman's Outfitters will use reasonable efforts to supply you with the information you requested to access and to correct any factual inaccuracies in this information.
b. Have your personal information deleted by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then use reasonable efforts to remove your personal information from our files.
Sportsman's Outfitters is committed to working with our customers to obtain a fair and rapid resolution of any complaints or disputes about privacy. Please send us your questions or comments regarding our privacy practices either via email at email@example.com or send us a letter to:
Sportsman's Outfitters, Inc.
Attn: Privacy Compliance Coordinator
117 Anderson Ct.
Dothan, AL 36301
Sportsman's Outfitters will be happy to respond to your questions and comments.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
The Sportsman's Outfitters website may contain links to other websites. Sportsman's Outfitters is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. We recommend you carefully read the privacy policies of each site you visit.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF OUR PRIVACY PRACTICES
By using this website or interactive banner ad, you signify your acceptance of this Privacy Statement, and you adhere to the terms and conditions posted on the website. If you do not agree with any of these terms, please do not use this site or submit any personal information.